Monday, December 21, 2020

Here Comes Susie Snowflake . . .

Yep, 'tis the season and I have Christmas music, from classical to pop, going on the player in the kitchen just about all of our waking hours.  Nothing puts me into the holiday spirit like listening to all the old favorite carols and tunes.  My head-shaking goodhearted husband is being very indulgent, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him walking around with his noise-cancelling ear muffs clamped to his head soon.
 
Speaking of snowflakes, this weekend I finally put to use a blue x-stitch embroidered snowflake I've been shuffling from place to place in my quilt room for over a year.
 

The snowflake itself is about 5" square.  I chose a deep royal blue fabric for the narrow inner border. 
 

To that I added a 2-1/2" outer border.
 

And here's the piece sandwiched with batting and backing, quilted and bound.  It finished up at 10" square and I'm very pleased with it.  I think I know just the spot for it when my January decorations go up.  The colors remind me of the traditional colors used in Swedish homes to help brighten the dark winter season. 

12 comments:

Goatldi said...

Absolutely amazing! Merry Christmas Mama Pea!

Rosalea said...

Beautiful, Mama Pea.

Mama Pea said...

Goatldi and Rosalea - Thank you, ladies. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to you both!

Katie C. said...

Lovely! The cross stitch reminds me of a tablecloth that my aunts had. It was all done in that blue cross stitch.


I’ve had the Christmas tunes going too now that my guy is finished with the Christmas presents he was making in his basement wood shop. Talk about noisy!

Mama Pea said...

Katie C. - I also have a set of "winter" pillowcases done in blue snowflake x-stitch that I like a lot. Your husband's work in the basement wood shop may have been noisy, but happy noisy sounds considering he was making Christmas presents! Happy Holidays!

linnellnickerson@gmail.com said...

That looks so pretty! Your a person of many talents. Neat job!! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas with your Family! xxoo

Mama Pea said...

linnellnickerson - You flatter me much more than I deserve! All the same, I appreciate it! Sending the best wishes for a peaceful, healthy holiday to you and yours!

Nancy In Boise said...

Really pretty!!!

THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Retired Knitter said...

Beautiful quilt and cross stitch combo! The perfect winter past time when stuck in the house.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Cute snowflake.

Mama Pea said...

Nancy - Thanks!

Retired Knitter - I may grump and groan about not having as much time as I want in my quilt room, but at least I'm getting there more this time of year than I do in the summer. Thank you!

Thanks, Jo!