Monday, February 12, 2024

Handwork Weekend

I spent a good share of this past weekend in my quilt room.  (Hooray!)  Two unfinished projects were worked on.
 

One piece was completed.  (Hooray, again!)  For now, it's hanging in our bathroom.  The design is from one of Kim Diehl's books.  She's my very favoritest professional quilter.  Love her work. 
 

The other UFO is a counted x-stitch piece started last year, but alas and alack, I didn't finish it before the Easter season.  Will I accomplish that this year?  I have a whole month and a half so there's a possibility I will.  The design ends up in a round shape, and I have a round wooden frame that I'm hoping might work for the final finishing.
 
Now, can I squeak out more time hiding in my quilt room today?  I may just try for that. 

8 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Isn't it wonderful to get those projects finished that are laying around remining us? We had a weekend with guests, so we didn't get much done. However, all of the hallway trim is painted now. Yay for that. Love the Easter project. I had a tote of items dedicated to Easter, that we donated years ago. I just don't have the time to put stuff out and back again. Also, the garage needs completely organized and purged.

Mama Pea said...

Pioneer Woman at Heart - I'm slowly (slower than I should be, actually) making the decision not to do as much seasonal decorating as I've always done. The littler kiddies that occasionally come to our house notice the decorations but for the time spent doing it, I'm like you in deciding there are other things I want to do with my time than putting up and taking down decorations for each holiday and season. (Am I getting smart? Or lazy?) ;o)

gz said...

I really like that quilt, the strong colours and the dark surround.

Mama Pea said...

gz - Thank you, ma'am! Same thing appealed to me. :o)

Nancy In Boise said...

Love your top quilt! Great colors and design reminds me of some of the Amish ones I've seen

Leigh said...

It's wonderful having nice chunks of time for crafting. Love your projects, especially the quilt. :)

Rosalea said...

Good to get some crafting time in. It is very rewarding to complete a project. Look forward to seeing the finished x-stitch!

Mama Pea said...

Nancy - Thanks! I, too, have always liked the look of Amish quilts.

Leigh - So good to see you finding time for your talented fingers! And love seeing your creations.

Rosalea - So interesting to realize that many of us homesteaders not only are "creative" with our animals, gardens, food preserving, building projects, etc. but also by feeding our creative souls by way of knitting, weaving, quilting, etc. Love it!