Saturday, June 7, 2014

And Another Rug Hits the Floor!

I think I've caught something from Susan.  I've been finishing up projects that have been hanging fire for a long time.


This is a rug crocheted with heavy rug yarn that I made to blend in with the runner we have in our long, narrow entryroom.


I keep a rug in this room as a place for winter boots.  The boots come in basically clean but most often covered with snow and/or wet.


The door you see here leads to our unheated enclosed porch.  In the summer, work boots and muddy shoes are left out there on the porch, but in the winter boots are kept in the (heated) entryroom so they aren't frozen solid when we put them on to go outside.

To get this shot, I was standing in front of the door (at the opposite end of the entryroom) that leads to our attached garage.


Next project (which I started last night before toppling over sideways on the couch) is to make another rug just like the recently completed one, but a little smaller.  It will go across from the new rug, in the spot where we keep our granddog's dishes.  The pictured multi-colored rug is a crocheted one I made, too, but is falling apart and now doesn't match the decor of the other rugs.  (Obviously, we can't have that.  I mean, what would Martha say?!)  This little rug has done its duty and deserves to look a little worse for wear.  It has to be at least thirty or thirty-five years old!

10 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

For being that old, that rug looks pretty good from here.

Mama Pea said...

Kristina - I tell ya, these rugs wear like iron!
It seems to be the stitches along the sides that wear completely out so the rug unravels from the edges. I mend a bad spot when I notice it, but there's only so much you can do after it's been in nearly constant use for 30-some years!

Carolyn said...

I thought you were going to say that doggie dish rug was another project just finished. I LOVE those colors! Maybe it can become an "outdoor" rug. For when the granddog wants to dine alfresco?

Mama Pea said...

Carolyn - Some of those rugs have been with us so long, how could we possibly throw them away? No fear there. I'll keep them and use them somewhere!

Sandy Livesay said...

Beautiful rugs, I would have never figured that one rug at being 35 years old.

Mama Pea said...

Sandy - As I say, the things wear like iron!

Lisa said...

I love your rugs! I also thought the doggie dish rug was a 'new' one. Incredible it still looks so good!

Anonymous said...

The rugs are looking fabulous! You have been a busy bee!

http://caffeinatedhomestead.weebly.com/blog

Mama Pea said...

Lisa - Thank you! I should take some close-up shots of that little, old rug so you all can see the frayed spots and loose ends!

Mama Pea said...

Thanks, Steph! I can't sit and just do nothing. Have to keep my hands busy. We'd all stiffen up and die if we didn't keep those joints and gears loosened up!!