Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Scattered Thoughts

I'm having a hard time just now keeping up with all of your blog posts and making comments on them.  Too much stuff going on.  Terribly behind on answering e-mails, too.  
Apologies extended.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am so thankful each and every day
that I am able to be a
homebody and a homemaker.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My fingernails are too long . . . again.
They have always grown really fast and when
they get to the point where they bother me,
I have to sit down and cut them.
They grow faster in the summer time.
TMI?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

The inside of my refrigerator is going to become beyond disgusting 
if I don't get in there and give it a thorough
cleaning soon.
Definitely TMI.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The garden has just had a big growth spurt.
So have the weeds.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I am the boss of me.
(I think that means I'm also in charge of
shaping myself up and keeping myself in line.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We are socked in with heavy fog again.  Nothing dries when
the air is so thick.  Not the laundry, not the plants
in the garden, not the muddy knees of 
my garden jeans, not the knee-high grass, 
nuttin'.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I had the top of my desk completely cleared off a day or so ago.  
 Now it's a mess again.  
 How does this happen?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Each morning I make a list of things to be done
that is a page long.
Each night I find I have only one or two
things crossed off.
Can any of you relate to this?
(You can?  So I suppose I shouldn't look
for any sympathy from you, huh?)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Although the weather is now warm enough
to wear sandals without suffering
frostbitten toes,
I can't do it until I find time
to polish my toenails.
Can't stand the look of my feet in sandals
without polish on my toes. 
They look nekkid.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I have a comfortable, safe bed to sleep in every night.
Hubby and I live just exactly where
we want to live.
We are both very healthy.
We never lack for nutritious food to eat.
I have multitudinous choices of what I can do
each and every day.
I live a life of abundance and I'm extremely grateful.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The End 


21 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good list. You just missed one...Life is Good!

Mama Pea said...

Unknown - The more we remember that one and think that one and say that one, the more it manifests itself and IS!

Mama Pea said...

Little Homestead in Boise - :o}!

Sue said...

Perfect!

DFW said...

Hey Mama Pea,

My desk get exactly the same way. Sometimes I don't even leave my chair & I can't find what was there 2 minutes ago. Frustrating as all get out. I need to get some polish on my toes as well.

Glad you are so happy where you are!

Anonymous said...

I love the open and honest sharing here, Mama Pea. Yes, I can relate to that mile-long "to-do" list. A busy life is a good life indeed. Take care. :)

Sparkless said...

Now that's a good list. I'm thankful I have wonderful blogs to read written by thoughtful writers.

Brother Pea said...

I'm happy that you have so many things together, but need help in some areas. For the next week you will be experiencing - RELATIVES! This could be a very stressful experience, but we will try to make it not so. I'm bringing along gardeners, refrigerator cleaners, desktop organizers, manicurists, pedicurists, and just general helpers. You don't need to thank me until we see if you survive the next week.

Freedom Acres Farm said...

Your popcorn post reminds me of my pinball brain of late! Life is good!

Anonymous said...

I think this is probably one of my favorite posts from you :) And yep, I can relate to the list situation, but you have my condolences lol.

Mama Pea said...

Sue - Hahaha! Ain't nuthin' "perfect" around here . . . and that's the way it should be! Hugs.

Mama Pea said...

DFW - It's a certainty that not everyone desires to live in the same place with the same kind of climate, population, etc., but I think it is so sad when folks are trapped living somewhere they don't want to be. We've made sacrifices to be where we are, no doubt about that, but it's the best place for us.

Mama Pea said...

Mooberry Farmwife - We're never bored, are we? :o}

Mama Pea said...

Sparkless - I know I learn a lot (and get much enjoyment) from reading blogs!

Mama Pea said...

Brother Pea - Forget the gardeners, refrigerator cleaners, desktop organizers, manicurists, pedicurists and general helpers! We're going to be ON VACATION!

Mama Pea said...

Freedom Acres Farm - "Popcorn list!" I love that and may use it in the future! If only our physical bodies could work as fast as our pinball brains do!!

Mama Pea said...

Stephanie - Well, thank you, ma'am! Don't know how anyone can operate without a list, do you? (Maybe mine is just a false sense of security though. Hahaha!)

Susan said...

I KNEW we were twins separated at birth! That is exactly how I think! And, yes, we are the boss(es) of us. However, I tend not to listen to the boss. You? :)

Lisa said...

Me too!! Me Too!! Great minds think alike.... no?! :)
PS Enjoy being on vacation!!! Stop and smell the roses and simply have FUN!

Mama Pea said...

Susan - Dare I say we are often our own worst enemies??

Mama Pea said...

Lisa - My daily routine is already halfway out the window . . . the next week will be pretty full. (I'm a little bummed the strawberries will be coming in hot and heavy just when I don't have time to deal with them. Who planned this? Mother Nature, ya goofed again!)