Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Late Day Thoughts

 1.  Gardening is HARD work.

 2.  There are not enough hours in the day.

 3.  If I sit down (and am not shoveling food into my mouth), I fall asleep.

 4.  Summer time is when I have the most innovative ideas for fantastic things to eat and drink.  And the least time to prepare them.

 5.  My house seems dirtier in the summer months, but I have very little desire to clean it.

 6.  How can I claim to be busy in the winter time when I don't have outside chores that fill the majority of my day time hours?

 7.  Why do I think food purchased from a store is ever the least bit tasty when food  straight from the garden is indescribably DEE-LISH-CIOUS?

 8.  How can I work in the garden all day and get oodles done, but not one thing I planned to do?

 9.  Winter and snow has its own pristine beauty, but summer bursts with L-I-F-E!

10.  Why should I take a shower every night when I'm just going to get gritty, grimy and  dirty again tomorrow?

Signed,
Pig Pen
 

14 comments:

Kathy said...

My favorite - #10!

Mama Pea said...

Kathy - Ha! Right now when all I want to do is crawl right into bed (okay, I'll take off my gardening shoes first), I agree with you whole-heartedly! ;o}

Sue said...

Dear Pig Pen-
I agree with the showering part. But, then I realize I do not wish to turn my sheets into a gritty dirt filled space, because then I would have to plant that full of flowers too! Ha!!
:D

Susan said...

Yes, why all those things? When you find out the answers (oh, wise one), please post them. I admit that I do find myself looking down at my feet and at my hands and trying to decide whether I am just clean enough to fall into bed without a shower. Then - like Sue said. :)

Akannie said...

LOL---thanks, Mama Pea. I got a good chuckle out of this post...and I needed that. Was up til almost 2 AM waiting for (and helping some) getting our newest family member into the world. Every bone in my body aches. lol

I just spent 3 days trying to think of the name of the cold tomato and cucumber soup--gazpacho. I think I'm already suffering form a little brain fry. lol

Mama Pea said...

Sue - Spread the love, spread the dirt, spread the flowers . . . ;o}

Mama Pea said...

Susan - But, you, hard working friend, have to be clean and presentable in order to go out into the working world five days a week. (I think that right there should give you permission to remain a little soiled all weekend, don't you?)

Mama Pea said...

Akannie - I have a feeling your support in the birthin' was probably much appreciated! Any pictures to go with the story?

Brain fry? Nah. I blame all things like that on the fact that we are all on overload. Just too, too many things we have to remember these days.

Lisa said...

I also particularly liked #10, only down here you only have to walk outside and are instantly turned into a wet and sweaty salt block. Also #8, and then there's most definitely #2... Ah heck, you hit the nail on the head with them all!

Sparkless said...

I warned you about the chaos of spring. I always like a shower before bed so my sheets stay nice and clean but if too tired or in pain I just fall into bed and worry about the sheets another day.
Glad to hear you have been keeping yourself busy. I was worried you were sitting around getting bored. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it! :)

Mama Pea said...

Lisa - Methinks many of us are in the same boat with our thoughts and ruminations this time of year!

Mama Pea said...

Sparkless - Nope, never bored. Lacking the energy and enthusiasm to dive into what needs to be done (like I am on this foggy, drippy morning) . . . oh, yeah!

Mama Pea said...

Stephanie - Throw MOVING your household into the mix as you're doing . . . and, well, just forget about everything else until you survive that!