Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Happy Mother's Day

My dear daughter invited me to go on an outing with a stop for a girls-only lunch today.

We drove up to a rustic, favorite restaurant of ours situated on the shore of an inland lake.  Lunch was as good as we had anticipated, and we got caught up on much talking, talking, talking.


After we ate, we took a walk out onto the floating dock into the lake.


Poor Tucker (who was with us but waited patiently in our vehicle while we ate) did NOT like the way the sections of the floating dock rocked back and forth, up and down.


This is a shot across the narrow bay we were on.  Yes, folks, it is the opening weekend of fishing up here in Minnesota.  Some of the lakes we saw were a little more open than others, but none were free of ice.


On our way home, we stopped at a lake that is a favorite of ours to fish and canoe.  I think it's safe to say that no one launched a fishing boat in here today.

It was a slow, fun, lazy, totally enjoyable day for this mom and her daughter.  Hope you had a good day, too.

14 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

So glad you had such a great day, enjoy all that ice and cool weather ..... 101 here yesterday and 104 today, expecting a cool down into the 90's for next week.

Sue said...

Glad you got out to enjoy the day. We couldn't force ourselves out of the house--it was SO windy and snowing like crazy. Blech. Good day to watch an old movie curled up in a blanket. I'm afraid we aren't going to have much of a summer this year. I think it was 2008 when I never put the flannel shirts away. Could be heading that way again-LOL!

DFW said...

Glad you had a good day Mama Pea. We are supposed to be in the upper 40's tonight. That is downright cold to us. It's May for heavens sake! Everything's relative I supposed.

Susan said...

What a perfect way to spend Mother's Day! I don't blame Tucker - I suffer from motion sickness and anything that rocks, rolls, or otherwise wiggles underfoot would send me running for firm ground!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's a lot of ice still. 90's here last couple of days, too hot too soon...

Leigh said...

Sounds like a perfect day!

Mama Pea said...

Tombstone Livestock - I collected some of the lake ice and packaged it up for you. Sent via U.S. mail today. Look for a very soggy package later this week. (Hee-hee.)

Mama Pea said...

Sue - Well, I sure don't win the pity award for getting snow latest in the spring this year! I don't think we've gotten out of the 40s so far this year. Or if we did, it was so short a time I've forgotten it already. But we're all tough (aren't we?) and we'll make it into (some kind of a) summer yet!

Mama Pea said...

DFW - Good grief, you had it down in the 40s?? Did you all survive?

Mama Pea said...

Susan - It was truly a very nice day for me and my little girl! :o)

Mama Pea said...

Nancy - Yep, I know that too hot weather too soon can be really upsetting . . . 'bout as much as our too cold too long weather! Things sure are topsy-turvy.

Mama Pea said...

Leigh - It was, Leigh, and I'm fortunate to have her living close enough to do things like that together.

Lisa said...

What a most wonderful way to spend Mother's Day! Thank you for sharing with us a little of your day with your daughter.

Mama Pea said...

Lisa - It was a really nice outing for the two of us. (And I think her dad enjoyed his time alone . . . with no females around!)