Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Too Much to Blog About

Wow, whadda day! Lots and lots of progress today . . . really too much to fit into one post. Plus it's almost 10 p.m. and that 5:30 alarm is going to come very early. B is going to be here again tomorrow so we need to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed when she arrives at 7:50 a.m. (She believes in arriving so that she can BE WORKING at 8!)

I had to empty the units on the south side of our living room/kitchen so we could move them. I almost forgot to take before pictures, but remembered just in time.

Looking from left to right, this storage unit is coming out.

Also being moved is the middle section with storage on the bottom and shelves on top.

The far right hand side is made up of four stacked boxes containing all my cookbooks.

Emptied and ready to be moved. This unit will slide down to the far right hand end where my cookbooks were.

This part will go into the new living room and hold our TV and VCR.

Now there's this empty space ready for the left hand unit.

Confused yet? More pictures of how the area now looks to be posted tomorrow.

11 comments:

2 Tramps said...

Can hardly wait to see it when you are done. Always something interesting going on with you! It is wonderful that you have someone you can trust and depend on to work with.

Jo said...

Looks great! Send B south when she's finished with your house. I could use a lot of lovely new cabinets.

Sparkless said...

I love that wood look. I actually did understand what you meant and it's going to look great!

Sue said...

Confused? Yes--but I know that YOU know what you're doing and I'll be SO GLAD when you clarify with LOTS OF PICTURES of the final project.

Akannie said...

Wow..this is a major reno! Looks great and I'm sure you're glad there was no garden to have to deal with on top of all this!!

Erin said...

I can't believe how much progress you have made in this heat - does your girl charge extra for working in those conditions LOL?!

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

I just keep thinking how you really picked the best year to do this project. At the end of the year you will really have so much to show for all your hard work.

Susan said...

Clear as mud! We're going to have to see the program. It sounds like a lot of picking up and putting down, Mama Pea. But it also sounds exciting!

Mama Pea said...

Here I am again answering all of you dear ladies at one time. I know it looks like we're tearing out perfectly good pieces of cabinets . . . and we are! Fortunately, we've saving every last piece to use somewhere else in the remodel. I loved my little built-ins that I designed for the small space but now I've got the opportunity to have a kitchen I can actually seat more than four people in to eat at once and also have ample storage for all I need to encourage my love of cooking. But I warn you, it's gonna look worse before it looks better! Pictures comin' up!

The Apple Pie Gal said...

You really are reworking alot! Love your woods. I think I would like to come to your house and sit. Just sit. :o)

Mama Pea said...

APG - At this stage of the game (puff-puff) I'D like to just sit!! ;o}