Sunday, February 6, 2011

Back To Reality Tomorrow

Ugh. Do I have to?? Go back to reality tomorrow? Three whole days spent in my quilt studio . . . it sure was wonderful while it lasted. Can't say I got my fill of it though. I think I could stay in there for a very long time before I got tired of quilting.

Gotta say my three days of "taking a vacation" here at home worked out much better than I thought they might. I have to thank my hubby who helped a LOT in making the time go very well. Of course, it wasn't like being gone from home and totally away from the day to day happenings, but with his help and a little stubbornness on my part, I stuck to my guns. Other than one small vacuuming job that I chose to do this afternoon, I really didn't do any house-type work for the whole three days.

At the start my hope was to get the winter wall hanging for Chicken Mama's office door finished, and whoop-dee-do, I did accomplish that. I've got to get organized enough so that I'm not always behind on her seasonal pieces though. (Let's see, if I took EVERY Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to spend on nothing else but quilting . . . )

There's a new post with pictures up over on my quilting blog if you're interested in checking it out.

This coming week looks as if it's going to be a busy one so I think it's time for me to go take a long, hot shower and get into bed early tonight. I'll have pleasant dreams of the last three days and all the ideas I came up with for new quilting projects!

9 comments:

Sue said...

Really---why CAN'T you take three days a week just for you?????
I'm sure the house stays pretty decent with just the two of you. And I'm pretty sure hubby can entertain himself. So, is SOMEBODY going to keep up the good job THEY'VE done so far with relaxing and learning to slow down and just ENJOY LIFE?????? Hmmmm????????
:D
Smart ass-Yes! Making you make good on your new years goals-yup!
:D

Jennifer Jo said...

I'm so glad it worked! I'm partial to home vacations myself, so just thinking of your three days has turned me a little greenish-hued.

Erin said...

I'm so happy you were able to see this through and really get in there the whole 3 days. I am sure it improved your outlook on other matters around the house/home. I'm also going to spend the next several days taking care of things like planning and starting the early seeds like broccoli and greens, then it's back to the machine :)

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

So glad you enjoyed your 3 days. It is very refreshing to the soul. And you got something accomplished to boot.

Teri said...

So glad you had a chance to take a mini-vaca! I think we all need to plan to do the same. Hmmmmm - now you've got me thinking!! I could sure use three days of staying home with nothing to focus on but my plans. Hmmmm - I think I may just do that !! :D
BTW - your quilts are just BEAUTIFUL! :D

Teri

Anonymous said...

What a great way to spend a holiday! You sure had the weather for it!
:) Thanks for mentioning your quilt blog, I'm headed over there now!!!

Leigh said...

Well, it was a great idea and I'm so glad it worked out. Having a cooperative husband really does help!

Mama Pea said...

Sue - Oh, how I wish I could let myself (or arrange my schedule or something) take three days every week. Hubby would not have trouble entertaining himself. He's busier than I am right now. Okay, I'm taking your lecture ;o) to heart and am going to see what I can do.

JJ - Well, home vacations sure are a lot cheaper than those taken away from home!! (Greenish-hue looks good on you.)

Erin - I have noticed an improvement in my general outlook!

Jane - I did feel super-good about what I got accomplished!

Mama Pea said...

Teri - Thank you, Teri. I hope you DO find a way to take some time for yourself.

Rain - Winter weekends are the BEST for being inside working on projects you like!

Leigh - Amen! to having a cooperative husband! And I do.