Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Is Going, Going . . .

As the last few hours of 2010 wind down, we're preparing to spend New Year's Eve with Chicken Mama and Erin (Garden Now - Think Later) and her family who are spending time in our area from their home state of Virgina. This week between Christmas and New Year's has gone by so quickly. But if memory serves, it is a week that traditionally flies by.

Some year I think I'd like to go on my own private retreat for the week right after Christmas. It would be an appropriate time to decompress from the build-up to the holidays, reflect over the year just past (perhaps even spend some time thinking of how I've spent my whole life up til now), and make plans for some goals and changes for the New Year.

But that's something to look forward to perhaps next year at this time. Right now, we're going to gather and ring in the New Year with friends and loved ones, enjoying good food, drink and conviviality.

Tomorrow I start the New Year by . . . get ready for this, it's really exciting . . . sleeping in as late as I want. Yeah, I know. Really shocking and earth shattering, isn't it? But I can't remember the last time I did that. I haven't written any New Year's resolutions (or whatever you want to call them) on paper yet but one of the things I'm going to try very hard to do in this coming year is to listen to my body and get back in tune with it. Mainly resting when I need it rather than simply "pushing on." (That will be a big thing for me.)

I want to send best wishes to all of you I've gotten to know in the couple of years I've been blogging, and to all of you I've met just in this past year. You are my friends, you are smart, caring and giving, and I'm a better person for knowing you.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

10 comments:

Sue said...

A very Happy New Year's to all of you guys! Sleeping in is a great way to start!

Amy Dingmann said...

I think sleeping in is a fine way to start the New Year. Being fully rested can go a long way!! Happy New Year, and I'm so glad we've "met". I look forward to reading your adventures in the coming year(s)!

The Apple Pie Gal said...

You are the warmest, dearest and sweetest person! I feel like you just gave us all a big hug!

Have a wonderful time with all your friends and be safe!

We love you!

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

Right back at ya, Mama Pea. Have a great time tonight, and wishing you the very best in 2011.

Jennifer Jo said...

Sleeping in is one thing that I'm not constitutionally able to do. Enjoy it for me, 'kay?

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your New Years Eve and your sleeping in time. I am going to try to sleep in a bit, but I fear that I will wake up early...

Alla said...

Sleeping in sounds so yummy!! If only my body would let me. Maybe I should try a sleeping pill, HE HE.
Anyway, I am really glad to have met you. Have a really good and fun night and have a Very Happy New Year!

Jenyfer Matthews said...

I celebrated NYE with a book, a cup of herb tea, and going to bed before midnight. I slept in til 9am. So nice!

Happy New Year to you and yours and am looking forward to seeing you again in 2011!

mtnchild said...

Speaking of sleeping in, does 9:30 a.m. count?? I was up 'til about 1 a.m. as I have a skitzo dog, when it comes to loud noises, and the body say I have to have EIGHT hours of sleep. Felt good, but also feels like half the day is gone ...

This new year, the only thing I have resolved to do is an overhaul on myself. Maybe a haircut for the outside, but getting things taken care of, like new glasses, 'teeth' LOL, and all the small medical things that have been put off. The rest of the good things will just be gravy!

I hope you and yours, and your readers, have the greatest 2011 that can be had.

May there be lots of great posts, lots of funny posts and beautiful quilts produced this year!

Many Hugs,
Yvette

Mama Pea said...

Thanks so much, Everyone, for all the warm, kind, supportive wishes. I truly wonder what this new year will bring for all of us. Time will tell! HAPPY NEW YEAR OF 2011!!