Saturday, January 23, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Our weather isn't horrible yet, but we are under a Winter Storm Warning until 4 PM on Monday. Our temperature has been holding at 34.0° for most of the day, and it's been raining for several hours now. We've been told to expect freezing rain and snow starting soon, with heavy snow starting Sunday afternoon or evening with a total accumulation of 6-10". The snow will be good for us, but I wonder how much ice we'll get first?

Once again, there are colder temperatures south of us and reports are of freezing rain and snow there already. Somebody has got this whole weather thing turned upside down these days.

My dear husband and his couple of men friends successfully had their day's outing today but drove home in steady rain. That was fine . . . I was really worried about icy roadways for their return.

What did I do today home all by my loney? (Me and the dog, that is. The dog who is feeling pretty much back to her normal self today, I'm glad to report.) I'm going to be a big, fat tease and tell you you'll have to pop on over to my quilting blog to get the story.

Now I'm going to sign off, take a shower, get on my robe and jammies, fix myself a rum and coke and sit by the fire. And listen to the pitter-patter of RAIN on the roof.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Rain? Strange indeed! Be careful when that all changes to ice! Hmmm, even though I don't quilt I may have to check out the quilt blog now! Glad to hear the doggie is feeling better, I hate when our canine best friends start the aging process... I have been through it many times but it never gets easier.

Mama Pea said...

Hi, Erin - It was still raining when we got up this morning . . . ish. But within the last half hour it has changed over to very wet snow. Roy put on his super-grippers to go out to do morning chores. Temp is still hovering around 34°. This is NOT January in Minnesota and I don't like it.

Chicken Mama said...

Come to Swamp River Ridge, and you can have all the winter you want! ;)

P.S. Thank goodness we don't still live by the lake (which would mean we'd be getting rain instead of snow, too): I'd be IRATE!

RuthieJ said...

I'm glad Zoey's feeling better. Sophie's the same way--racing around when she doesn't realize it's slippery. She did a big wipe-out chasing a squirrel the other day and broke a toenail pretty bad. She licked it for several days and it's finally healed over, but it never really slowed her down at all. (goofy dog!)