Saturday, March 28, 2009

Yesterday I . . .

. . . got out of bed earlier than I wanted to.

. . . had a radical change of plans as to the structure of my day.

. . . had a wonderful breakfast at a friend's restaurant with time to chat with her.

. . . stopped in at the little post office in the part of the county where we first lived when we moved up here --- nostalgia, homesickness --- waaaah.

. . . made a huge pot (vat!) of chili -- used the proportions for the recipe I made when I had the restaurant.

. . . cleaned the whole stove top, wall behind stove and side of refrigerator --- chili burbled a little too vigorously at one point.

. . . went to our local library, never have enough time to leisurely spend there --- I love that place.

. . . was getting anxious for our two granddogs to go home so I can thoroughly clean --- three dogs equal too much dog hair in one house.

. . . ate too much --- and realized I don't feel well when I eat too much.

. . . did an errand my husband was planning on doing which prompted him to say, "Aww, what a sweetie!”

. . . procrastinated yet again and avoided for another day balancing the checkbook and reconciling bank statements.

. . . thought about our daughter and FSIL about a hundred different times wondering if they were still snowbound in Colorado.

. . . failed to call and make two appointments I should have.

. . . delivered eggs on my daughter's egg route.

. . . wondered how anyone with a personality equivalent to that of a can of worms could get and keep a job in the service industry.

. . . thought, for about the 5th day in a row, that I should get out my Easter decorations.

. . . was going to go to bed early --- how the heck did 11 o'clock come so soon?

5 comments:

RuthieJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RuthieJ said...

Good grief - what a busy day!
It's a darn good thing you're retired!

(there, now I got it right and don't have to delete it again!)

Mama Pea said...

But you know, Ruthie, it didn't really FEEL like a busy day. I think if any of us actually listed what we do in a day's time, we'd know why we're tired at the end of it! But I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way.

Chicken Mama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

This is a Euphorbia Trigona (three sides). My dad said if anyone would know, I might be the person. He was right. If you can't find one to purchase, let me know and I will send one out ASAP.

Love,
Kristen (Steinbrecher) Kabler