Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just Out of the Oven

Wow. Look what happens when you bake bread with yeast that isn't older than dirt. Your dough actually rises and forms nice loaves!





Two loaves of yummy (at least I hope they will be) Oatmeal Bread. Makes me think of big ol' farm breakfasts . . . two fresh eggs over easy, a passel of fried potatoes, homemade applesauce, home-cured bacon, slices of Oatmeal Bread and jam. Cryminuttly, I'm gonna have to go plow up the back forty before breakfast if I'm planning on eating like that.



2 comments:

RuthieJ said...

Yummmmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking of a slice of that bread coming out of the toaster!

Mama Pea said...

Ruthie - Don't hold your breath (that could be disasterous to your health) but there may just be a package on its way to you next week. :o)