Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Beautiful Winter Day

Took another little snowshoe hike on yesterday's gorgeous winter day.





There is a nice stand of cedars at the very top of the ridge behind us . . . which has never made sense to me as cedars typically like to grow in wet, swampy areas.






A view from one of the overlooks at the top of the ridge.






The "easy" side of the loop coming down off the ridge.



Why is it I always feel like I'm getting so much more good oxygen into my body when out hiking on a gorgeous winter's (as opposed to a summer's) day? Watch out, I feel really robust now. Robust? You know, stout . . . sturdy . . . strapping. Yeah, that's me . . . strapping!



3 comments:

fiona@fionacampbell.ca said...

What a magnificient view... and the water too -- wow! That's one thing I miss out here in land-locked farm country is the water.
Keep the photos coming!

RuthieJ said...

Is that Lake Superior off in the background? It sure looks like a beautiful day!

Mama Pea said...

Hi, Fiona and Ruthie - Yup, that's the Big Lake. It's an interesting thing to note but when our kids that have been raised here go off to college or move to start their lives elsewhere, almost to the person you will hear them say that what they really miss is seeing the lake everyday, they had no idea it was such an important part of their lives.