Monday, December 1, 2008

Hat Finished, Shower Curtain Still Waiting

My daughter has the pleasure of nannying one day a week for the cutest little babe in the county, and I just finished this hat for her. (For the little babe, not my daughter. It's just not my daughter's style.) It's knit with Sockotta yarn and because it's not very heavy, I think it will make a perfect little springtime hat for her. Very simple to knit, and doesn't the ruffled edge add just the cutest touch?


'Member my new fall shower curtain? (I was afraid you might.) I can hear you saying, "Ahhh . . . shouldn't that have been finished long ago?" Yes. But no, it wasn't. I won't go into all the gory details, but because of one thing and another, it's been stuck on my design wall (for several weeks) waiting for me to make the decision as to just how I want to quilt it. Often I leave a quilt hanging while I take a few days to look at it until inspiration strikes. Well, this project has been hanging, and hanging, and hanging, but I can't seem to get on with it. Oh, well, certainly not an earth-shaking matter. Actually, I'm taking down my Thanksgiving decorations tomorrow and putting up those for Christmas, so the green and red shower curtain will be hung now anyway. I guess fall shower curtain time just ssssslipppped away from me this year. But I promise I will have this one ready in plenty of time for next fall.


Or not. :o)

2 comments:

RuthieJ said...

what a cute hat! Those colors are wonderful.

Sorry to hear about your fall shower curtain.....I have some projects like that too. Perhaps next fall you will be inspired when you come across it again!

Mama Pea said...

Hi, Ruthie - Oh, no, it's gonna get done purdy darn quick here. I baste with quilting pins and I have so many in the shower curtain that I don't have enough left over for any other project should I need them!