Friday, October 17, 2008

Look, Look, A Finished Project!

Remember the alpaca yarn scarf I blogged about way back last September 8th? (What?? You mean my critically important feeble-brained ramblings aren't important enough to occupy a vital spot in your mental data base? Hrumpf.)

It was only a couple of weeks ago that I managed to get to the yarn shop to purchase the second skein of yarn that I needed to finish it. With that in hand, for the last few nights I've spent our relaxing time before bed cozied up in my recliner with needles click-clacking away. And last night --- drum roll, please --- I finished it, with about two yards of yarn to spare. (Good time to decide it was long enough.)



Here I am modeling said scarf. (Ugh. Does anyone like to have their picture taken? I mean other than maybe Cindy Crawford? I asked my husband to model the scarf but he just gave me a really funny look. And I couldn't get the dog to hold still.)



I tried to get a shot that would show the braided, twisted cable effect of the pattern, but not being a competent enough photographer had to settle for this. Really looks much better in person.

But, hey! I've got something done AHEAD of time . . . it's not even scarf wearing weather yet.

1 comment:

RuthieJ said...

That's a really cool scarf! Do you have to braid the sections together individually or is it all done at once with just some creative cabling techniques? Can you share the pattern source?
Thanks