The three of us put in another long day wood working yesterday. Got a lot accomplished but couldn't completely finish the task.
See that big empty spot? That's where the first pile of wood to be split was. Friday we got most of it done and then finished it yesterday morning before moving on to the other (bigger!) pile.
Why didn't I take before and after pictures? Too much sawdust on the brain, I guess. Anyway, I took this picture this morning of what is left of the second and last pile. There was just too much to work through even though we gave it a good try.
(Yep, we had a very light dusting of snow last night, but nothing to write home about.)
You can't see much in this picture except the last tier of stacked wood (and the wood splitter and some other equipment) in this, our smaller wood shed, but Chicken Mama stacked and stacked and stacked wood on Friday and Saturday and now this shed is nearly half full.
None of the wood we've been working on will be used this heating season. The wood that we'll burn this winter is in the bigger wood shed shown here and has been drying there since early this summer. When this heating season started, we still had some year old wood in the smaller wood shed so that's what we've been using and haven't even touched this stash yet.
I've posted this picture before but for those of you who may not have seen it, this will prove Chicken Mama is used to doing wood work as we broke her in early on. For several years we had a contract with a local state park to provide bundled wood to them for their campers. Although she used to complain (mightily) about it, she was a big help.
B2B Book Review: High Performance Gardening
2 hours ago