Thursday, April 18, 2024

A Job Well Done

Yesterday Papa Pea asked our daughter to re-glue a couple of spots on the kitchen floor where the self-stick tiles had come loose.  (Only 23 years on the floor that gets an incredible amount of traffic and they're failing us.  Geesh.)
 

I thought it was interesting to note the particular objects she chose to put pressure on the repaired spots while the glue dried.  What does that say about us?  Hmmm, a vise that isn't fastened to a work bench, bar bells and a couple cases of beer. 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm not even going to contemplate what those items mean! 🤣

Mama Pea said...

Michelle - They remind me of an English class assignment I once had. The professor gave us three items and we were to write a story including each of them. I will agree with you concerning the three items in the picture! ;o)

Rosalea said...

It says you have good taste in beer! Moosehead. And obviously you are sleek and buffed from the use of those dumbbells. PS the tiles look like a cool pattern for piecing a quilt.

Mama Pea said...

Rosalea - The pattern of the floor tiles is, I think, what first attracted it to me. The middle square on point is definitely the old "Broken Sash" pattern. Add the wide border and there's my floor tile! :o)

gz said...

Very practical and sensible..then you can celebrate the successful job done!

Mama Pea said...

gz - Done and hopefully the tiles will behave for a good long time now!