This quilt was designed-as-I-went without much of a thought-out plan and, as you can see, it ended up being quite colorful. And a little busy. (Understatement?) The finished size is 36" x 42".
I purchased the pretty pastel backing fabric with the intention of using it for the back of a baby quilt someday. Many moons ago (many), I pulled different coordinating fabrics from my stash to use in the design on the front. I just didn't mean for it to turn out quite so
There was so much going on in the quilt that it took me a while of head scratching, if not hair pulling, to decide how to quilt it without getting too complicated which might cause me to have to invest the next month and a half in doing so.
I'd always had the thought I'd like to try covering a whole quilt with wavy lines as I'd seen done on some quilts in magazines and books. And an abbreviated form of that is what I went ahead and did for this one.
All in all, I'm pleased with the way it turned out, and I have a real sense of accomplishment (whew) knowing another unfinished project is now finished!