If I had had any idea I could write about a dull, need-to-do project and it would create such an air of tantalizing mystery, I might have tried to do so much earlier just to drum up interest in my blog.
The job/task/project/whatever you want to call it I was going to tackle this afternoon has, once again, been put on hold.
Okay, I have to tell you that you all got your knickers in a knot for naught (pretty good example of alliteration!) because all I was going to do was make some plastic "liners" for shelving units we have in the basement.
These units are for storage of "stuff" but the size of the grating on the shelves is so widely spaced (Who knew to check this before purchase? Was that why they were a good deal?) that when I try to stack cans or bottles on the shelves, the can or bottle tends to tip over with the slightest nudge.
Solution for the problem? A year or so ago, hubby went to a fella's house to purchase some used poultry equipment. The man was some sort of a contractor and had a storage building full of miscellaneous odds and ends, one item being 4' x 8' semi-rigid sheets of plastic. He gave them to Papa Pea free of charge who then brought them home and stored them in a back building that is not exactly dust/dirt/wind/rain/snow-proof. The sheets were a little dirty to begin with and have since become more coated with grit and grime. Basically, they are in need of a good washing before I can cut them to size to use as a solid covering for the shelves on our storage units.
Hubby and I went back there to retrieve the sheets after lunch but as so often happens, when you get to the nitty-gritty of just how a project is going to go, we realized the easiest way to clean the sheets and then cut them to size would be to have the flat bed trailer up by the house to use as a work table.
Problem #1 - The flat bed trailer is still quite "snowed in" and would require a lot of shoveling on our part to free it.
Problem #2 - It's been too cold yet to hook up the outside hose which would be super-handy to use in the washing process.
So we decided to (once again) put off the project for probably another week. Our area is warming up quickly and the snow is melting by several inches each day.
There now. I wasn't trying to be secretive or evasive but thought it was all so mundane and uninteresting that I didn't think it would even be worth writing about in my previous post. I hope you aren't too deflated to hear the boring details of my mystery project that is pretty boring . . . and didn't even get off the ground today.
Preparedness ~ Weeding and no rain
3 hours ago