Monday, March 7, 2011

Monday Again? How Can That Be??

Seems to me the more interests one has and the more one tries to do, the faster time goes. I suggested to my husband last night (and I was only half kidding) that we spend the whole day today simply sitting in a chair, staring into space to see if time would go by more slowly. He gave me a look like he thought I might have one foot on the slippery slope to senility and said no way could he do that because he had way too much on his schedule for today. Methinks the solution to this time thing is to learn to enjoy each moment, each hour of each day because we don't seem to have the ability to make that racing clock slow down.

I was having trouble nearly all day yesterday making comments in your comment sections but after having made a couple already this morning, I think blogger has rectified the situation. I hope.

At our weigh in this morning, hubby lost another three pounds and I lost zero. 'Nuf said.

We had about 5"-6" of new snow yesterday by nightfall. As we crawled into bed, I asked hubby if he had looked at a forecast. I remember him saying we had a 90% chance of more snow overnight. Ugh, I said as I drifted off to sleep thinking we might have lotsa snow removal to do today.

But all we ended up with was about 1" more of the new stuff. It is so beautiful out there, so pristine and glistening. Hubby has been out to do basic chores, but we've yet to go out to shovel paths and snowplow with our good neighbor's plow truck. They went south a couple hundred miles for a long weekend to visit their grandbaby and we're watching their place for them. D always leaves the key to his truck and plow for our use. So hubby will go clean up their driveway ('bout twice as long as ours) and yard for them before doing our own.

Time to go suit up and get some fresh air and exercise moving around this new snow. Our temp is in the high 20s this morning so it will be pleasant out there.

14 comments:

fiona@fionacampbell.ca said...

If you figure out the secret to making time stand still, please let me know. Just make sure you wait until spring, summer or fall to press the 'pause' button -- I'm getting awfully weary of snow!!! :)

Jane @ Hard Work Homestead said...

Oh it's Monday?! I thought it was Tuesday. Sometimes all the days just blend together and I really have no idea what day it is. I often go for the mail on Sunday. Then I wonder why I didn't get any mail that day.

Alla said...

They say time flies when you're having fun. Maybe we should all slow down on the fun?? LOL. But I agree we should enjoy every moment. Never know when we won't have anymore.

Jane said...

Time does seem to be going too fast of late, I think maybe it has something to do with the weather. Bright sunny day's go better for me. Blessings jane

Mama Pea said...

Fiona - You mean you're all caught up on inside stuff that you don't get a chance to do when spring/summer hits? Or are you simply sick of moving snow? And trudging through it? And falling in it?

Jane - I know exactly what you mean regarding the days blending together. But let's not let it be Tuesday today. That'll mean I've completely lost one whole day!

Alla - Had to laugh at your suggestion we all slow down on the fun! You're so right; we've gotta concentrate on enjoying every moment . . . even when shoveling snow!

Jane2 - Darned if I can figure it out!

Susan said...

I'm not sure how you do it, but after you write about snow, I always want some. How strange is that??? This was a fast weekend, wasn't it? I keep thinking I will get one that entails nothing. Ha. But I do like your conclusion that we should enjoy each moment. Amen.

Sparkless said...

I'm not sure how to make time stand still but some days my chores make it seem like it's standing still. What I want to know is why I can never get all the laundry done? As soon as I finish it I turn my back and the dang basket is filled again!

Enjoy your snow.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, I've noticed how quickly the time is flying too. I regularly sit and do nothing, well, I watch the birds and squirrels, or pet the dogs, or just listen to music. It's a very relaxing way to spend a little time! We're going to have big biceps by the end of this winter....so much shoveling, lol! But it surely is gorgeous out there!

Mama Pea said...

Susan - I guess it's just my love of snow! I don't know if I'd feel exactly the same if I was living alone and had total responsibility for removing all of it as you do. That might be a different kettle of fish!

Sparkless - I've always done laundry once a week, but we were only a small family of three so maybe that made the difference. Is there some reason you have to do it more than once a week? If it's because you run out of clean underwear, buy more!

Rain - Hubby and I usually do the shoveling together but since he was tied up with the snow plowing today, I did it all. And I can feel it now that I'm back inside and have had dinner. Early to bed tonight for me and my big biceps!

Leigh said...

Well, I love your idea about how to slow down time, LOL. I agree that it seems time passes more quickly the more one has to do.

Erin said...

As a huge fan of "real" dysfunctional families, senility is highly underrated as entertainment value, I say bring it on! I'm sure when we someday when we truly are senile our children will think time stands STILL while visiting us LOL!

Erin said...

oh my that sentence was really hosed :)

thimblevee said...

20 degrees could only be comfortable to Minnesotans and Alaskans, heehee. Loving the sunshine and 60 degrees we will have today. Blessings on you both for a good day in the beautiful snow, but you can keep it. ;o)

Mama Pea said...

Leigh - Only problem is if we're sitting in that chair staring into space making time go slow, who the heck is doing all the stuff on our day's list?? ;o)

Erin - You whacky sense of humor is going to take you far in life!!

thimblevee - Hubby and I were finishing up the snow plowing yesterday and both commenting on how WARM it was outside. Yep, it was in the 20s! Guess everything is relative, huh?