Not feeling too perky this first day of the week. Trying to analyze why.
1. Haven't been sleeping really well because of the heat.
2. Family and legal kafuffles going on that have sapped time and energy.
3. Garden produce is coming in at an alarming rate and needs to be processed and put by. There's something to tend to every day. This is a good thing, but takes big chunks of time out of an already busy day.
4. Becoming frustrated that our remodeling isn't progressing at near the pace we want it to. Hit a snag where hubby and I both need to sit down and do some more planning and decision making. Can't seem to even fit that into the day.
5. Tried to beat the heat (ha!) by getting out to pick peas early this morning but think I succeeded in expending my whole day's worth of energy at the task.
6. Find myself very frustrated each summer when I have all this wonderful, fresh, luscious produce and fruit from the garden with which to create fantastic meals to tickle the taste buds and delight the palate, but it seems the only time spent in the kitchen is throwing together the quickest of meals or processing the bounty from the garden.
Okay, that's about as much time as I want to spend on what aren't really big enough problems to whine and complain about. I think I'm just suffering a slight case of summer doldrums and maybe working a little too hard. Rather than continuing to drag my lethargic, sun burnt, bug bitten body around into the evening hours, I think I'll hit the sack early and maybe even finish the book I'm currently reading.
Another Great Covered Doorway
1 hour ago