Friday, December 1, 2017

A Resolution Before The New Year

Bad habits are hard to break and all changes, even good ones, don't come easily.  I'm finding my "down time," my long, slow winter zooming past me with alarming speed.  'Tis time that I find time to be "in the moment," breathe deeply and possibly even figure out what in my life needs to be omitted, added, rearranged, moved to a higher priority, or simply changed.

No, I'm not going to stop blogging or give up reading blogs and staying in touch with all of you.  That's a good thing and not one I want to change.  However, I do need a hiatus of sorts to detach myself from this computer on my desk.  My plan is to "disappear" for the month of December which will, hopefully, give me some extra time to revamp, reorganize, take the time to find out what's really important to me and boot out the door some habits (the bad ones, of course) I've fallen into without even realizing it. 

Yeah, I know, the weeks before the holidays might not be the best time for me to spend hours each day (ha!) in a meditative position on the floor (which I actually won't be doing as I've never been able to sit cross-legged), but I've been yammering about needing these winter months for myself for a while now.  (Look out, Papa Pea, your "keep-plodding-along-in-her-same-old-rut" wife may actually be making some changes!)


No sense getting stuck in the past:  "But I've always done it this way."  Or living in the future:  "I'll make the changes when I have time."  I'm gonna do what I need to do now, busy holiday season looming on the horizon or not.

Life is short.  We only have so many hours in a day.  (No surprise there, eh?)  I am blessed with so many advantages in my life, excellent health, a loving family, friends and an enticing list of "wanna-dos."

Bottom line, I'm going to carve out time to take an objective look (wish me the strength and fortitude to do so) at my daily routines and habits with the thought of making some changes. 

We all know how quickly these weeks of December before the holidays go by.  There may be a silence (((crickets))) on my blog, but I'll be back before you know it.


May your holidays be filled with
the joy of living and the
love of giving! 

19 comments:

Marie said...

oh Mama Pea -- seasons blessings to you and yours ... find yourself and enjoy the process ... in this crazy world -- self and family are always first ...

DFW said...

I totally understand as I have been wanting to do the same thing. If we don't see you again until the New Year I want to wish you & Papa Pea & daughter (plus Gilligan) a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Goatldi said...

So happy to see this as I was just about to ask after your health since you haven't been blogging with your usual zest. And yes this the pot calling the kettle . . .

Perhaps the new year will give us both a boot in the bum to press on in an organized fashion.

Merry Christmas to all a good night!,🎅🤶

Michelle said...

Enjoy every moment, and may the next month bring joy and blessings!

Leigh said...

Enjoy your vacation! Yes, blogging and blog reading do take a lot of time. They are great activities and resources, but life can't revolve around them. Looking forward to seeing your productivity streak next year.

Susan said...

Be brave, Mama Pea! You CAN do it! Drown out the Chorus, if you catch my drift. Love to you and all the Peas.

coffeeontheporchwithme said...

Do what's right for you. Be proud of accomplishing other things, new things, unfinished things. A change is as good as a rest. End it all with a very, merry Christmas! -Jenn

Theresa Y said...

We will miss you and we will look forward to your coming back. We all need that down time to refocus. Take care of you and God Bless. Merry Christmas to you and papa pea and family.

MrsDuncanMahogany said...

I totally get where you are at. Totally. Blessings of the season to you and yours and we shall see you on the flip side!!!

Lisa said...

You are a very wise woman and I applaud what you are speaking of here. So enjoy your time and I look forward to 'seeing' you when you return. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Rain said...

Mama Pea, you are such a sweet person. That has nothing to do with your post, lol...just wanted to say it!

I think it's VERY important to take a step back and recharge once in a while. Sometimes it takes many years to do that, not saying it will take you that long, but as long as it takes is as long as we need. A break from blogging at this time of year is really something most of us need, but we feel we still want to connect. At least that's how I feel. I don't find I have nearly as much time as I want, due to circumstances out of my control...or maybe that I allowed? (canine-related I'm speaking of)

I've accepted my life will be kind of chaotic for the next 7 months now, but I'm SO looking forward to that recharge. Go out into nature and just listen, look and be open to anything that comes to mind. I do a lot of my thinking and self-evaluation that way.

I wish you and Papa Pea and Chicken Mama and Gilligan all a GREAT festive and loving holiday!!! I can't wait to read more when you have things in better order! Hugs!!

desertdweller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I have no idea how I missed this post. See ya' when you get back. It does sound like a good idea, as I watch the minutes pass way too fast this month.

Tami said...

Enjoy your step away MP. I am still enjoying mine (after 6 months!). I've been thinking of starting back up with my blog. Maybe.

Mark said...

Merry Christmas, Mama Pea! I know more than I want about those breaks. Enjoy yours. I'm hoping I'm back from mine before you're back from yours.

Yarrow said...

Thats an excellent idea and I may do the same in the New Year. Merry khristmas to you all. I have keyboard failure, btw.x

Sam I Am...... said...

I can't believe it's taken me this long to get over here. I need to put you on my sidebar as I have been following you for awhile. I hope your respite gives you what you need and Happy Holidays to to you and yours!

Sandy Livesay said...

Mama Pea,
I hope both you and Papa Pea had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Living life to its fullest is what we all should be doing, along with re-evaluating and prioritizing chores aand events. I look forward to reading your goals for 2018.

Sending hugs and live your way.
Sandy

Nancy In Boise said...

Good for you taking care of yourself! Hope all is well... Happy New Year