Here's the new winter wall hanging I've been working on.
This afternoon I got it marked for quilting (which is totally invisible on this photo) and sandwiched.
Before I sandwiched it, I taped the pieced top on the wall in the kitchen where it will go, and I think I'm going to be very pleased with it. (Whew.)
Some might not think a wreath design is appropriate now that the holidays are over, but I'm celebrating the month of January this year, feeling like it's a month long holiday of sorts, so in my mind it will add a festive touch to my month.
I used primarily blue fabrics with snowflakes and stars. The white on white background has white dots on it which look like snow falling.
There is so much fabric in my own personal stash that I've been concentrating on not buying more while using up what I have. A noble idea, but it's gotten me into a bind more than once.
On this project I had to change the border (which I really liked very much on the pattern I worked from) because I didn't have enough fabric. The piece was going to measure 38" x 38" but has been reduced to 32" x 32".
Now I'm wondering what the hay I'm going to do for the binding when the time comes because I literally do not have enough fabric left of any that I used in the quilt top. You'll no doubt hear me grumping and grousing when it comes time to cross that bridge.
It's going to take me a while to quilt this piece. I'm combining hand quilting and machine quilting. The hand quilting needs to be done first.
I based this on a Thimbleberries pattern for a red and green wreath that was gorgeous, but definitely said "Christmas." I'm going to call mine "January Wreath" and let it bring glitter, sparkle and light to our gray, snowless (so far) days.
Still a Few Flowers in this Crunchy Summer
1 hour ago