Seems as if it took forever, but I finally finished a new wall hanging for the kitchen.
I saw this particular block in a quilt in a magazine and have wanted to make it for a while. I made my blocks 6" x 6". The whole quilt is 33" square.
Another shot from halfway across the room.
It's all hand quilted which I've tried to show here . . . without a lot of success, I can see.
The big hold-up in finishing this piece was trying to decide the quilting design to do in the gold outer border. I suspected whatever I did wasn't going to show up prominently. I ended up doing two parallel wavy lines on top, bottom and each side. And suspicions confirmed, unless you're right up next to the quilt, you can't see the stitching at all.
I succeeded (and it wasn't hard) in using only fabrics from my stash for this wall hanging. Either there is something wrong with me or I DO have way too big a stash, because I have no desire whatsoever to purchase any more fabric right now.
With luck, I'll eventually get over that!
B2B Book Review: Heritage Cooking
4 hours ago