Sunday, February 17, 2013

Calling All Quilters and Crafters . . .

I've got three nice hard-cover books that really need to go to a new home.  The first two shown in the below pictures are quilting books.  The last has some quilt projects in it but also other craft projects.


This is Small Quilts, The Vanessa-Ann Collection put out by Oxmoor House.  The first quilt I ever made (although only a small wall hanging) is from this book.  (This book claimed by wannabe quilter DFW!)


Matter of fact, that quilt is hanging in a corner of my living room as we speak.


The second quilting book is Quick & Easy Quiltmaking, 26 Projects Featuring Speedy Cutting and Piecing Methods and is a That Patchwork Place publication.  If you're familiar with that organization, you know they put out very nice books.  (This one also going to DFW.)


The third book is Country Fabric Scrap Crafts by Marti Michell.  Patterns for some quilts, yes, but also included are other projects not involving quilting.  (This book is going to Katidids!)

Anybody interested in any of these three books?  Anybody interested in two or three of them?  That's okay, too!

If any of these give-a-way books interest you, just be the first to comment saying so (with the name or names of the books you'd like) and I'll send it (or them) off to you.

Come on, jump in . . . these are some nice books all in good condition that need to go to a good home.  (All three books spoken for and going to new homes.  Thanks for participating!)

8 comments:

DFW said...

Since I can't come to MN & get lessons directly from you. The first two would be my choice. Especially since I have been hording things to make quilts with for several years now - unbeknownst(sp?) to husband. It's a retirement goal of mine. I grew up coming home from grammar school to my Grandmother & several of her friends hand quilting in the living room. Quilt hung from the ceiling that just got bigger & bigger each week. They were always watching Days of Our Lives while quilting (it must have been 1965 - 1967, or thereabouts. I played underneath those quilts & watched the soap along w/them. Probably inappropriate for a 6-7 year old. But, they probably forgot that I was under there!

Mama Pea said...

DFW - Oh, what great memories of quilting you have! I know you'll love it when you have a chance to get into it. Warning though: Quilting is addictive! (I quilted until 1 a.m. last night! Or was it this morning?)

I'll get the two books off to you first of this week. Thanks for participating!

Michelle said...

These look like great books to own. I just got into quilting about two years ago. I love it. I still have a lot to learn. But that will come with time and practice.

Dirt Lover said...

Well, what a great idea! I have a bunch of books here that I'm not using, and I should put a post up like you. In fact, I believe I have at least 2 of the books you are giving away. Great idea! Thanks for the idea.
~~Lori

Katidids said...

Mama Pea, If you need a home for the 3rd scrap crafts let me know! I realize I just received the time management book so, I'm tossing my hat in the ring if no one else claims it. Sorted through knittig ooks and think I'll pass a few of those along. This purging is great in more ways than one!

Mama Pea said...

Michelle - I started quilting back in 1994 and I'm STILL learning! But that's okay, 'cause how can you learn other than by "doing?" Happy quilting to you!

Mama Pea said...

Hi, Lori! Even though I'm not a "saver," I keep things like books on my shelves too long. So I'm realizing there is no sense in hanging on to stuff when someone else could really get some use out of it. (And who doesn't like to get something for free? It's fun all the way around.)

Mama Pea said...

Katidids - You are the first one to express interest in this book so it's yours! I'll get it in the mail soon.

Yes, it does feel good to do some much needed purging. If only we could get rid of bad habits, extra body fat, etc. as easily! (But who the heck would volunteer to take those things we want to get rid of?? :o} )