Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Is That A Moose On The Loose?

Actually, it's a couple of 'em.

Tramp 2 of Tramp's Camp noticed the bookends on the bookshelves in the picture of the Christmas wall hanging in my last post.  She commented they looked interesting and wanted to know more about them.


They are a pair of moose head bookends made as a housewarming gift for us some sixteen years ago by our good friend and carpenter helper, B.  Whenever she notices them these days, she grimaces and says she wishes I'd toss them.


B does beautiful, intricate wood work of all kinds and I think she made these as kind of a joke and didn't realize I would love them and display them forever.

So, toss them?  No way!

13 comments:

Misty Pines Homestead said...

I wouldn't that is so cute.I love carved homemade stuff like that.No don't toss.Besides nice bookends are hard to come by(like those)

DFW said...

I think they do the job very well!

Mama Pea said...

Annnightflyer - Nope, no chance of me getting rid of these. They have too much sentimental value . . . and I do love the way they look . . . even if a little silly.

Mama Pea said...

DFW - That they do! :o}

judy said...

I think the simpleness of them is what makes them so attractive,simple is better,intricate can be awesome but sometimes is to much

Erin said...

I love them! I personally don't like really intricate stuff and prefer simple lines that have a bit of fun, I love these!

Ashling said...

They're adorable! What more could any artist/artisan want than to know their work makes someone smile?

Jenyfer Matthews said...

They are adorable. But I know how she feels - I have quilts that I feel like that about when I see them now. However, I'm keeping them. Next time she suggests to get rid of them, tell her they are proof of the evolution of her work :)

Mama Pea said...

judy - You've got a good point there, my friend!

Mama Pea said...

Erin - I've noticed you do prefer simple lines. I think that's why you've been able to so successfully and attractively decorate your home even though you're working with a small space!

Mama Pea said...

Ashling - Perfect! That's what I'm going to tell her if she comments on them again . . . they make me SMILE!

Mama Pea said...

Jen - Ha, funny you should make the comment about your quilts. I pulled a quilt top (Christmas motif) out recently that I made a couple/few years ago and really disliked when it was finished. Now when I look at it, I kinda like it and am wondering what I found so distasteful about it before!

2 Tramps said...

Dear Mama Pea - thanks so much for the post about your great bookends. Sorry it took me so long to respond - we have both been sick here with whatever current bug is going around.