It's slow. But it is progress. I spent most of last Sunday, Monday and Tuesday putting two finishing coats of polyurethane on thousands of board feet (well, maybe it was only hundreds . . . or not that much . . . but it seemed like it) of lumber to be used in building the storage units for the garage.
So far, we've gotten the left part of the south wall unit constructed and in place.
This was the wall before.
And this is the same wall after.
The unit above the utility sink will have a door on it and a mirror on the door so it can function like a medicine cabinet. It will hold first aid items and anything else we'd like to keep clean and sanitary. Like my husband's toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, etc. He complains I monopolize the bathroom in the morning and since he now has a sink with hot and cold running water in the garage, he can perform his daily beautification program there without fighting with me for in-house bathroom time. Sounds good to me.
We only made one little mistake in the plans for this unit.
Ooops. Forgot to allow room for the washing machine lid to open adequately. No problem. We only have to do a little notch work in the corner of that side board and all will be A-OK. I hope.
Our last Christmas gathering
1 hour ago