The following list of what I did today is not meant to impress you. It is meant as therapy for me so that I can learn to be content with what I get done in a day's time and quit feeling like I could/should have done more.
First thing this morning I decided that instead of crossing items off my rather (ahem) extensive To Do List, I would simply write down what I did all day.
* Put away dried dishes from last night while making my morning latte.
* Checked e-mail and drank my latte.
* Fixed and consumed breakfast.
* Picked 2/3 of the blueberries.
* Stopped to go up to the farm and get milk.
* Bottled milk and started a batch of cottage cheese.
* Did dishes from breakfast along with containers from milk.
* Finished picking remainder of blueberries.
* Picked all the raspberries.
* Finished ironing I was too tired to get done last night.
* Got some "old" towels from storage in back shed that are in better shape than the towels we're currently using.
* Prepped and ate lunch.
* Watered window boxes and flowers in pots.
* Finished making the cottage cheese.
* Tossed old flowers in vases and cut new ones.
* Emptied drip pans in two refrigerators.
* Cut up last third of watermelon.
* Put resurrected towels in washing machine.
* Sat and talked with daughter when she popped in for her (2 p.m. to 3 p.m.) lunch hour.
* Readied two raised beds for fall planting.
* Put towels in drier - too lazy to put up clothes lines and hang outside.
* Sat at computer and ordered a new supply of audio tapes from the library for hubby and for me.
* Neighbor stopped over on her way home from work to pick up raspberries and blueberries I had for her. Visited a short while.
* Ate dinner of leftover cold pasta salad.
* Planted kale and lettuce in raised beds.
Now that I see it all written down, I admit I did accomplish a lot. And I'll bet if any of you made a list of everything you did of a day's time, it would be much like mine.
How did I do on my To Do List? Not so good. There remain six important things I didn't get close to doing. And I still have dishes to wash again tonight. (See? That's what I have got to stop focusing on! The things not done. Professional therapy may have to be involved.)