Not in a bad way as in "I'm going to blow my cork soon," but rather in getting some vim and vigor back after my two-week awful period of draggin' my wagon.
To that I say, "WA-HOO!"
What is it with emotional (or physical) breakdowns? Sometimes you can pinpoint the cause and other times it feels a little scary in that you don't know why you're feeling the way you do and can't seem to change it. Ugh.
I'm wanting to think I've been helped by my strong resolve to put more emphasis on the good things in my life. I mean the appreciation is always there, deep down somewhere, but proactively bringing it to the forefront, writing things down, seems to be strong medicine.
I got so involved yesterday I never got a chance to post the list of the day, so thought I'd slap it up here this morning.
I REALLY, REALLY AM APPRECIATIVE OF:
- the ability to do laundry at home
- having ample eggs at this time of year
- the gift of juicy, sweet grapefruit from a good friend
- a husband who doesn't have to go to work (off the homestead anyway!) every day
- ample freezer space
- sunshine to fill our solar batteries
- two GALLONS of homemade laundry detergent as a gift from my daughter
- apples from our own trees
(Yes, there is a slice of Dutch Apple Pie under all that ice cream . . . why do you ask?)
Chicken, Guns, and Critters
3 hours ago