I'm not calling it a New Year's resolution, but one thing I am going to put a lot of effort into this coming year is being more actively appreciative of the many, many good things in my life. I may keep an index card on the counter of the kitchen each day and jot down everything I want to show more appreciation of having.
Here's what ended up on my note card today. Some of it might not make much sense to you . . . but a little mystery is good for a woman, right? (Hee-hee.)
- ice cubes
- my new kitchen
- good, dry, seasoned wood for warmth
- a beautiful, economical, homemade centerpiece
- running water!
- my own "latte" machine
- audio books on tape
- the local library
- warm, winter boots that are comfortable on my defective feet
- we can still pay our bills
- a husband who continues to try to understand the differences between men and women
Wonder how different my list will be from day to day? We shall see.
Sunday Work Day
38 minutes ago