I'm not calling it a New Year's resolution, but one thing I am going to put a lot of effort into this coming year is being more actively appreciative of the many, many good things in my life. I may keep an index card on the counter of the kitchen each day and jot down everything I want to show more appreciation of having.
Here's what ended up on my note card today. Some of it might not make much sense to you . . . but a little mystery is good for a woman, right? (Hee-hee.)
- ice cubes
- my new kitchen
- good, dry, seasoned wood for warmth
- a beautiful, economical, homemade centerpiece
- running water!
- my own "latte" machine
- audio books on tape
- the local library
- warm, winter boots that are comfortable on my defective feet
- we can still pay our bills
- a husband who continues to try to understand the differences between men and women
Wonder how different my list will be from day to day? We shall see.
39 minutes ago