One of our first projects for this spring was to fill both our wood sheds with cut and split fire wood.
On March 28th we finished completely filling the first wood shed which is slightly smaller than the second one.
When the first shed was topped off, the second one looked like this. (Looong way to go there, folks.)
That was almost a month ago and although we said we were going to work on filling it every day until it was full, things (dang those "things") kept coming up that took precedence over our fun-filled wood cutting endeavors.
But we kept at it whenever we could and today we finally, finally got the second shed full.
Whew! Does it ever feel good knowing that between the two wood sheds we have about 18 cords of cut and split wood under cover with five whole months of good, warm weather for it to season in before we'll have to touch it.
Yup, it was a very good day today. Well, except for one thing. Eeeeek! I got my very first ever TICK!! (Shudder, shudder, double shudder. Eeuuw, I hates them things!)
Goals ~ Chickens ~ Doctor Update
54 minutes ago