Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What A Great Idea!

I have just thought of a way to make the week before Christmas less stressful and considerably more enjoyable.


What if, for the week preceding Christmas, the woman of the house didn't have any of her usual household chores and responsibilities? No preparing and serving of meals, no dishes to wash, no laundry, no cleaning (dirty bathrooms be damned), no errands, no grocery shopping, no meetings or appointments, no desk work/bill paying, no outside duties whether that be snow shoveling, animal chores, getting in wood . . . well, you get the idea.


If that were the case, all of the once-a-year holiday related tasks that fall to said woman of the house (whether these tasks be enjoyable or . . . not so enjoyable) would be so much easier to accomplish! The tension headaches would cease, the dark circles under the eyes would disappear, the anxiety attacks would be non-existent, the temperamental outbursts wouldn't occur, all would be sweetness and light, as is the usual aura surrounding said woman of the house.


I'm a genius! Why didn't I think of this earlier? But wait. How to make it happen . . . ah, yes, I can see this fantastically brilliant idea still needs some work. I'll just go pour myself some Bailey's Irish Cream over ice . . . and think about it.

4 comments:

fiona@fionacampbell.ca said...

I LOVE THIS IDEA -- sign me up! Then again, maybe I'll just join you with a Bailey's :)

Anonymous said...

How funny that you mentioned Irish Cream... because there actually IS a holiday called "Women's Christmas" ...in Ireland! Here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Christmas

I heartily that this holiday should be more widely known and celebrated. Let's start a movement!!!

MaineCelt said...

(Huh. It listed me as anonymous, which I didn't mean to do. That note about Women's Christmas [Nollaig na mBan in Irish Gaelic] was by me, Mainecelt.) I also wanted to say THANKS for your note the other day... it was a wonderful dose of literary courage!

Mama Pea said...

MaineCelt - Hooray for Nollaig na mBan! Fiona and I want to be charter members with you! I'm not Irish, but my grandma came from Scotland . . . please tell me I can still qualify.

And you're welcome. You're very deserving.